Sep 15, 2010

Inspiration: Speed Decorating

Good afternoon! It's overcast and chilly here in the northwest, a perfect day for finishing up a few small things for the projects I posted about almost two weeks ago, and I'm happy to say things are wrapping up nicely. How are your projects going? I'll be posting the link party tomorrow at 6pm PST and I'd love for you to join in the fun!

Two weeks ago I also mentioned a book I read called "Speed Decorating" and I thought I would share some of my favorite photos from the book. When I'm stuck on something (decorators block?), I look at inspirational photos to jump start my mind. Sometimes the photos can lead to even more projects, which is fine with me!

Below: I love how dramatic this black fireplace mantle is! The teapot on the tree stump turned side table is adorable too.


The fresh flowers are such a pretty focal point here:


I'm tempted to use these red shelves as inspiration for a smaller project of mine, every house could use a bold splash of color!


I love wood counter tops for the element of warmth they add to a kitchen.


What a cozy place to sit down and write! I once found a metal desk lamp like the one below at a thrift store (in an oil rubbed bronze finish) and I was kicking myself for not buying it, until I found a way to add lighting to my office area for $0! I'll be showing you tomorrow, can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin