Jul 15, 2010

As luck would have it...

Someone threw out a queen size headboard yesterday and I just happened to be taking the trash out and spotted it. Actually, there was an entire bed in the trash area, a metal frame, side rails and a footboard, but it was all pretty badly damaged. I love the people here! Some might cringe at the thought of grabbing something from the trash area, but with a quick wipe down the headboard was looking good as new, and all it had on it was a tiny scratch on the left side (easily covered over by a wood marker).

Have you seen the photo consultation I did for my friend? I think this headboard would work perfectly in her room! It's not exactly the conventional way of decorating but hey, she's happy and I'm happy to have stumbled upon this trash to treasure piece at just the right time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin